- The International Olympic Academy (IOA), by decision taken during the meeting of its Governing Board held on 09/12/2021, decided to publish a call for expression of interest for the recruitment of a Director.
- For the aforementioned position, the applicant must have the following qualifications:
a. Professional working proficiency in the two official languages of the IOA (Greek, English), excellent knowledge of French will be taken into account, b. Experience in the administration of Olympic or sports organisations, c. University degree, postgraduate degree will be taken into account, d. Experience in the administration or management of hotel services, organisation of conferences, events or related services will be taken into account.
- Interested parties will submit an envelope containing the above documents, which must be submitted in legally certified copies. All documents must be submitted in Greek or English. If they are in another language, they must be accompanied by a duly certified translation into Greek. In the case of a qualification from an educational institution abroad, a certificate of equivalence with the corresponding qualification in Greece from DOATAP or DIKATSA must be submitted. The following should also be submitted in the envelope of each interested party: a) A letter of application for employment, b) A detailed curriculum vitae, accompanied by the supporting documents, c) A copy of the identity card or passport, d) A declaration of acknowledgement of the legitimacy of this call for expression of interest and the right of the IOA to recruit staff at its sole discretion and that they waive their right to challenge the procedure or the final decision of the IOA. Any requests for clarification on the contents of the envelope to be submitted or the procedure may be sent to the email “email@example.com” by Monday, 17th of January 2022. The IOA reserves the right to respond individually or collectively to questions that may be overlapping in whole or in part. The envelope must bear on the outside the details of the applicant and the words «CALL FOR THE EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR THE RECRUITMENT OF A DIRECTOR OF THE IOA». The envelope may be sent by post or courier or hand-delivered no later than Friday, 21st of January 2022 at 14:30pm to the postal address: 52 Dimitrios Vikelas Avenue, Chalandri, P.O. Box 15233 (3rd floor).
- The selection process will be carried out by a special Committee, which will be appointed by decision of the Executive Committee of the IOA. The Committee will, in a first stage, check the required mandatory documents in order to verify that all the necessary documents have been sent. The Committee is entitled, but not obliged, at its sole discretion, to ask for any missing data identified.
In a second stage, the Committee will assess the qualifications and curricula vitae of the candidates’ files, which will include all the required documents.
In a third stage, the Committee will invite the most suitable candidates to a personal interview.
Finally, the Committee will submit its reasoned proposal in writing for approval to the Governing Board concerning the recruitment of the Director. The Governing Board may approve the recruitment or request additional information or justification of the proposal or reject the proposal in whole or in part, following its reasoned decision.
The decisions of the IOA at all stages of the procedure and the final decision on recruitment are taken at its absolute discretion and are final, except in the case of tort or deceit.
- Upon completion of the procedure, the selected person will be invited to sign a fixed-term employment contract, with duration until 31 December 2024 and according to the agreed by the contract above, specific terms of private law.
OF THE INTERNATIONAL OLYMPIC ACADEMY